Application for scholarships is closed
Due to the huge amount of submissions (239) some deadlines have to be moved thus enabling us to complete the reviewing and selection process during May 2016. The decision on abstract acceptance has been communicated on May 30th and early bird registration and payment is extended to June 30th 2016. Applications for scholarship have to be sent no later than June 30th 2016. Selection for a scholarship will be notified by end of July.
The following organizations are sponsoring scholarships for students to attend the NEOBIOTA 2016 conference:
- Fonds national de la recherche, Luxembourg (FNR)
- European Weed Research Society (EWRS)
- Administration de la nature et des forêts (ANF)
- Département de l’Environnement – Ministère du développement durable et des infrastructures (MDDI)
- Fondation faune-flore
- The Luxembourg Naturalist Society (SNL)
The sponsoring organizations jointly propose a range of scholarships for students from Europe and abroad to facilitate their participation to the NEOBIOTA 2016 conference:
- 20 scholarships for students from European countries
Grant amount: up to 300 € (early bird registration fee and up to 100 € travel expenses)
- 10 scholarships for students from non European countries
Grant amount: up to 1000 € (early bird registration and up to 800 € travel expenses)
- These 30 scholarships come together with an annual membership offered by European Weed Research Society (EWRS).
The country of the institution which issues the Certificate of Student Status is relevant for the geographical criteria.
|Number of scholarships||20||10|
|Country where student is affiliated||European||Non European|
|Early bird registration fee||200 €||200 €|
|Maximal amount of travel expenses eligible for refund||100 €||800 €|
|Maximal total amount of grant||300 €||1000 €|
Applicants must comply with the following conditions:
- have to be a master or PhD student not older than 35 years;
- will present an oral or poster presentation at the conference;
- will acknowledge explicitly support by all the sponsoring organizations in their talk or poster presentation.
If you meet the conditions above and are interested in the possibility of getting a scholarship, please follow these steps:
- register as a student to the conference and upload a Certificate of Student Status from your institution;
- submit an oral or poster presentation no later than 31 March 2016;
- after the reviewing process in April and May you will be notified at the beginning of June upon acceptance of your presentation.
In case of acceptance of your presentation:
- pay the early bird registration fee for students (200 EUR);
- send no later than 30 June 2016 an application e-mail to the head of organizing committee Christian Ries, , mentioning the e-mail subject “NEOBIOTA 2016 scholarship for students”, and attach a one page professional Curriculum Vitae in PDF format.
If you are selected for a scholarship you will be notified by email by end of July.
The scholarship grants will be transferred to the bank account of the selected candidates after the conference, provided they
- have participated to the conference;
- have presented a talk or poster;
- have submitted a PDF copy of their talk or poster together with a PDF copy of their travel expenses (tickets, bills) by email to the head of organizing committee Christian Ries, , mentioning the e-mail subject “NEOBIOTA 2016 scholarship for students – travel expenses”.
The scholarships are limited to the maximal amounts of 300 / 1000 €, even if travel expenses exceed the respective eligible amounts of 100 / 800 €. Eligible travel expenses are flights (economy), train tickets (2nd class), bus tickets. Taxi bills are not eligible.