Saturday 17 September 2016
We plan 4 tours with slightly different programmes.
- 09:00 Departure of buses from the Conference venue
Bus A will take people who chose programme 1 or 2.
Bus B will take people who chose programme 3 or 4.
- 09:45 Visit of large invasive plant populations along the river Sûre
- 11:30 Transfer to Luxembourg-city with tourist explanations along the way
- 12:30 Arrival in the city (drop off possibility for people leaving earlier: buses will either drive to main railway station or to airport)
- 13:00 Pick-nick in the city parks
- 14:00 Four separate guided visits in different parts of Luxembourg city (the old quarters and the fortifications of the city of Luxembourg are a site of UNESCO World Heritage):
- The sandstone cliffs and rocks of Luxembourg (Grund, Petrusse)
- The National Museum of Natural History Luxembourg
- The parks in the centre of Luxembourg-city
- The European neighbourhood and it’s parks in Kirchberg (incl. Arboretum)
The choice will be made during the Conference in Vianden.
- 17:00 End of field trip
- Participants can leave to catch train / plane (this is also possible any time during the afternoon)
- Transfer to Vianden for participants staying one last night.
- 18:00 Arrival in Vianden
- 20:00 Last social evening in Vianden