View a video clip with pictures of the concert of The Heritage Blues Company at the NEOBIOTA conference in Vianden.
- Download the NEOBIOTA 2016 Resolution [PDF 480KB]
- NEOBIOTA 2016 in Press & Media
- Photo gallery with first impressions of NEOBIOTA 2016
- Next NEOBIOTA Conference 2018 in Dublin / Ireland
9th International Conference on Biological Invasions
Biological Invasions: Interactions with Environmental Change
(Pre conference COST meetings: 12-13 September 2016)
Conference: 14-16 September 2016
Field trip: 17 September 2016
Biological invasions are one of the components of global change, causing dramatic impacts on biodiversity and ecosystems. NEOBIOTA 2016 will provide an international high-level forum to discuss how invaders respond to environmental change and their feed-backs.
The conference will also concentrate on the most recent studies about the ecological and evolutionary characteristics of invaders, invaded ecosystems and their management.
NEOBIOTA 2016 will present oral and poster presentations on any taxonomic group, from microorganisms to vertebrates, any ecosystem type, and any region of the world.
The conference will constitute an important opportunity to strengthen cooperation between the scientific community, conservation agencies, and policy and decision makers.
General topics for NEOBIOTA 2016 include:
- Biological invasions and climate change
- Invasive species and changes in land-use
- Water and air quality and invaders
- Non-native pests and pathogens
- Ecological impacts of biological invasions
- Socioeconomic impacts of biological invasions
- Genetics and evolution of invasive species
- Invader traits and characteristics of invaded communities
- Biogeography and macroecology of invasions
- Restoration of invaded ecosystems
- Biosecurity and risk assessment, including early detection and rapid response
- Engaging the public with the topic on invasive species
- Eradication, management and control of invasive species